Monday, March 12, 2012

Gifts I'll Never Let Go Of

I only ever received two memorable gifts, though only one actually sticks out. The one that I think about when I think about a memorable gift is this necklace that my mother gave me a couple years back, I think it was for Christmas, but part of me thinks it was my birthday. So it's not really memorable in the sense that I remember receiving it, I didn't even start wearing the necklace until much later. It's this very small silver heart-shaped pendant with an angel carved into the front and the words "Guardian Angel Protect Me" engraved into the back on a thin silver chain.

Usually I never take it off, but due to a lot of x-rays and travel that requires me to remove jewelry I've left it off for a bit. It's a little like a good luck charm for me, I never feel comfortable without it. While the memory of receiving it is fuzzy, the gift still means a lot to me.

The other gift I really don't remember getting. It's my stuffed bear, Teddy. He was my first stuffed animal and I've had him since before I can remember. At this point in life he's a bit banged up his head twists all the way around and I don't know if it could do that originally, as if he became part owl over the years. One of his limbs is a little askew on account of it falling off a very long time ago and needing to be reattached. Teddy has been through a lot with me. I'm not ashamed to say that I still keep him close by, he's very important to me and holds a lot of memories. I sort of hope that one day if I have kids they can grow up with him.

Those are the most memorable gifts I have. They both are very close to me and mean a lot, they are strong connections to the past and to my family, iPods and computers, while somewhat necessary to communicate to many, do school work and are a part of everyday use just really don't compare to the sentimental values those two objects hold for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment