Monday, April 18, 2011

Galleries and Conventions and Angels, Oh My!

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's what it looks like when I try to fix the stickers on my keyboard while typing other things.

It's another freestyle blog week, and I have things to talk about.

So tomorrow I'm headed to a Steampunk art and invention gallery in Foxboro MA. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm ruining my own fun a bit by making this research related. I have to write this extended essay and a possible topic for me is how authors like Jules Verne and HG Wells contributed to the rise of Steampunk, or science fiction in general.

Then on Thursday I'll be going to Boston for an anime convention. I don't really go for the anime all that much anymore, I think I just go for the fun of it and all the people. I have not met a single person at the convention in my years of going who wasn't just out right awesome and fun to be around or talk to. It's as if even though you never met any of these people they're already your friends. You'll be sitting in line with them for the next seven hours so you better be friendly anyways.

The events can be great or they can be terrible, but you're going through them all with a bunch of people you have a lot in common with. Conventions are great places to meet people, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing all the different outfits and wacky events that will ensue.

I'm cosplaying a Weeping Angel this year, all I need to do is finish the wing harness, paint the gloves and it'll be done. I hope to find a couple Doctors to try and sneak up on before being seen. However, in a center of more than ten thousand people, I imagine it'll be quite difficult to move around while in character. D: I'm wearing the costume Saturday in honor of the new season of Doctor Who, hopefully there will be others doing the same. Last year I did the same thing when the new season started by cosplaying the Fourth Doctor and there were many other Whovian outfits out there.

So that's basically it, along with a side trip to Suffolk University, that's going to be my week and everything I have to talk about.

Not all that interesting, I wanted to talk about something meaningful but figured I would talk about the stuff that was plaguing my mind and current piece of life instead.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that all sounds so awesome! Steampunk is fantastic, and probably grounds for some interesting research :P You totally need to post pictures from all these events, and especially of your Weeping Angel costume (we'll all need to make sure to not blink while it's on the screen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to see costume pics too :) Is your extended essay the IB extended essay? That sounds like a really interesting topic!

    ReplyDelete