Monday, April 4, 2011

I can tell if a person is unconcious or not

So this week is a bit of a freestyle blogging week.

I figured I’m going to talk about what I’ve been preoccupying my weekend with. I have been slowly progressing through an online Red Cross course on CPR/AED and first aid.

They give you these pre-exams before each chapter. I failed the bit on recognizing when someone is having a heart attack, oops. If you have a heart attack, don’t have it around me. I also failed the bit on helping a choking victim.

I promise I read the lessons thoroughly afterwards.

Some of the pictures they use made me cringe, like the one for an avulsion. They had a picture of the majority of someone’s finger hanging off what little bit was still attached the to the hand. It was a tad hard to look at.

So far, I can clearly tell you that I am absolutely, positively, completely able to tell you if someone is unconscious or not.

I’m kidding, I’m learning everything very easily, it also helps that I used to be certified so a lot of this is familiar to me.

The reason why I’m doing this is for my trip to Morocco with other classmates and World Challenge this June/July, our teachers thought it would be useful as a skill and reassurance to the many worried parents of students.

The reason for our trip is mainly to do service projects in local communities while also experiencing the country’s culture and developing leadership, teamwork and organizational skills.

I really want to talk about our Morocco expedition here but I don’t want to make this post too long and there is a lot to talk about. I’ll make it a topic for another post sometime.

Well, that’s all for today.

Here’s a picture I drew yesterday. WIP

-Inova

3 comments:

  1. Parents over-worry anyways. :P
    And I really like that picture. Looks like Genie... Is it supposed to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What're you going to Morocco for? One of my friends did an exchange semester there and I know he had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going over to do some service projects and trekking. We're going to go to Hassi Labier where we might be moving sand away from the oasis and back to the dunes or clearing out irrigation channels so water can flow toward crops better. There are other project possibilities but those are the ones I know of.

    ReplyDelete