Monday, April 25, 2011

Long weekend was not long enough


We forgot to choose a theme again.
Hey look, Howl and Sophie.

Just this weekend I was at Anime Boston and it was fabulous, I was a Weeping Angel on Saturday in honor of the new series of Doctor Who, which I didn't get to watch the first episode of until Sunday. The waiting nearly killed me.

It was insane, I couldn't move five feet before getting stopped for a bunch of photos. There was a Doctor Who photo shoot at the convention, I got lost trying to find it from outside the convention area to the third floor where they decided to change their minds and make it the second floor instead. There were many Fourth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctors running around plus one Nine (armed with a banana), a TARDIS and a couple of Masters.

You know, for an anime convention, there's a heck of a lot of sci-fi.
Here's a picture of me I found on Twitter. Now that I think about it, that guy behind me was also behind me in other photos... creeper.
I'm 41/46 in the slideshow.
Pictures from the photo shoot.
I tried to sneak up on a bunch of Doctors, but they all moved too fast, so much for being lightning fast. The Doctors all snuck up on me, multiple times for some. I'm sure it helped them that the majority of the time I had my hands covering my face so I couldn't see.

One of the best parts of this weekend is I'm using it to get CAS credit for school.

I also went to the formal ball at the convention on Friday, I can totally do a waltz... poorly. Tango was probably my best until I danced with this guy who really could tango like a pro, then I had to acknowledge how much I suck at dancing. There was a girl dressed up as Belle from the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast, they played "Tale as Old as Time" so everyone kind of just watched her dance. Amazing times were had.

After the Melody Ball there was a bit of a gap in which they changed the beautiful ballroom into a rave. It's the same room yet instead of the beautiful slow melodies playing you're bambarded with strobe lights, glow sticks, and blasting music. Odd how the atmosphere can change so drastically in a matter of minutes. I had just been waltzing across the floor and suddenly the place is overcrowded and booming so loud that all thought seems to disappear from existence.

Sunday was Easter and we left the convention. I just ate a Peep from my basket of Easter candy. Now I remember why I hate them. I feel like I just massacred this cute little animal and forced its friends and family to watch.

That's all I have to talk about now. Not much, not really all that organized. Bye!

3 comments: