Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspirations

This week's theme is inspiration, where we write about what inspires us.

Now that I have to think about it, there are a lot of things that inspire me. People, places, things, there are lots. I really love art so there's a lot of inspirational things related to art in my life.

There's this artist, Emy Bitner. I think she's just really amazing. She's the author of the webcomic Trying Human, I'll post a link at the bottom. Anyways, her artwork really inspires me and I love watching her livestreams. Just by watching her draw on LS I've been able to improve my own artwork. I also feel inspired by the DeviantART user Eternity-Waits, she's got some good stuff. I feel so tiny compared to them, but they make me want to try harder to improve and develop my art.

Also, seasons and time of day, especially winter and sunset. They inspire my artwork a lot. I love the winter when snow falls down all fluffy an light, (ideally, here on Cape we have muddy slush snow, it's crud). But pine trees with their branches weighted down heavily by white blankets of snow, a fox peering around the snow drifts. Those scenes really just make me want to paint something.And sunset is filled with such golds, reds and blues. My favorite color combination is gold and blue. Gold and anything else comes second. The sunset colors just seem so much richer to me that the dawn colors, they are the last ones before the sky goes black, therefore they seem to mean so much more to me and that's why I want to draw and paint with them.

When it comes to inspiring me as a person, I'd have to say my friend Toria really, inspires me sometimes, she's a really confident person who can get along with other people easily, she's not afraid to talk to new people or hang out with them, at least it looks that way to me and I wish I could be like her more and I also really wish she won't read this.

The Vlogbrothers have also inspired me as a person. I've changed a lot since watching their videos, I've become a much more active person and I think a lot more about the type of impact I have and could have in the world. John and Hank inspired me to not FTBA, because I used to forget that awesome even existed.

I think those last two paragraphs became pretty sappy. Sorry. So those are some things and mostly people that inspire me, Vlogbrothers, my friends, Emy Bitner, Eternity, Snow, sunset, foxes and I didn't mention science. Science inspires me, too, mainly stars and nebulae, I like all the colors, they make me want to paint more.

These are the links to the two artists that have inspired me a lot.
Emy's Webcomic, Emy's DA
Eternity's DA

No comments:

Post a Comment