Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Crema

So, I don't have a recipe for my story but I don't really think it would be that hard to figure out. One of my favourite desserts is crema (I know that looks like I've spelt it wrong but it's right, I even double checked with my mum) and it's food with a lot of sentimental value for me. Crema is basically an Italian dessert, although not all of the ingredients are Italian, all it really is, is sponge fingers soaked in whisky and covered in homemade custard.

It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember that we would have crema for dessert on Christmas, it's one of the things I look forward to the most on Christmas day. I usually always have seconds of it. At Christmas it's my dad that makes it, he's not very good a getting the custard right but I still really like it.

I think it was for my Birthday last year my nonna made me a huge dish of it. My nonna makes the best crema. I shared some of this huge dish with my mum and my brother and ate the rest myself. Since it was my eighteenth, I had had some champagne too, and I should point out that when my nonna makes crema she really soaks the sponge fingers in whisky, like really soaks them, so I ate about half of the dish of crema. As you can probably tell from where I'm going with this, I was drunk because of the amount of alcohol in it, it was rather funny.

Anyway if I get hold of the recipe for this I will add it to this post.

1 comment: