Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Books I like

I had a little difficulty picking out the books I wanted to talk about for this but I narrowed it down to three. I was going to mention books like the Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games, I think they're great books but I don't think need any badly worded praise from me.

Looking For Alaska, John Green. I was going to try and stay away from John's books because it seem rather fangirly to mention his books in a blog which is basically about the community based around him but Looking For Alaska is my all time favourite book. I can honestly open this book at any page and start reading it and enjoy it as much as I had the first time I read it. Words cannot describe the love I have for this book.

Going bovine, Libba Bray. This is a fantastic book from start to finish. It's about a sixteen year old guy called Cameron who finds out he has a weird disease and is going to die. He ends up on a road trip with a dwarf and garden gnome. It's a really interesting book about living and dying. It also has one of the greatest opening sentences ever, "The best day of my life happened when I was five and almost died at Disney World."

The Second Coming, John Niven. I'm actually in the middle of reading this but so far it is fantastic. As the title suggests it is about the second coming of Jesus, basically the story is God goes on holiday, comes back to see the world the way it is and how messed up it is and decides to send Jesus back to fix things and spread the word. What I've read so far is really good but I think it's a rather controversial book due to the language used in it and the pot smoking in heaven. Still I think it's a great book, I know it's not published in the US but if you can get it online you should totally read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment