Monday, August 29, 2011

The Forgetful Five

In the world there are probably many things I would get rid of. So here are the top five I would want to get rid of or at least forget the existence of.

1.) Homework. I've heard a lot about studies that say around 90% of homework given that doesn't not directly relate to the student's individual needs is ineffective in their learning. I agree. Never have I received an assignment that was useful to my learning. In fact, three years ago I took a Latin class and I remember every single declension, noun, verb, form of conjugation along with all the grammar. But the teacher never once gave out a homework assignment. My plan to get rid of homework is to graduate.

2.) 1337. There is no way in the world that sort of typing is okay. WHY and HOW is that any way an acceptable form of writing? How on earth can anyone understand that?

3.) Extended Essays. International Baccalaureate requires one for the IB diploma. I made the horrible mistake of wanting to write my 4000 word essay in biology. I have not done a single thing to work on it. The Cambrian era's evolution is not as good a topic as I thought it'd be.

4.) Remakes. Honestly, I'm getting sick of all the movie remakes going on. It's like no movie for the past five years I've been paying attention has been an original one. And the ones that are original are so full of cliches and bad puns I can't always tell where the plot went, because all the effort went into another remake.

5.) Spring mattresses. I hate them. my bed has a really bad spring mattress and I can't get a new one. It pokes me every time I try to sleep. it is the most uncomfortable thing in the world and I want it gone. I would sleep on the floor if it weren't for the fact I'm too lazy to clean it.


So those are the five things I would immediately get rid of. Just small things that I have to face frequently.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the movie remakes, I hate them. Also sequels annoy me, one I can handle but two, no. Don't ruin a good film by making more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extended essay, oh gosh. I know it's brutal, but you can do it! I regretted my choice of topic too, but then it worked out okay in the end, so hopefully the Cambrian era won't let you down. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete