Friday, August 19, 2011

Some R & R

What I do to recover after something stressful or tiring depends on the duration of it. If it's just been a long day, I'll spend some extra time looking at funny things on the internet, and/or let myself have a free day off from going to the gym. Both of those are enough of a treat to get me to cheer up usually.

If it's been more than just a day or two, I start progressing down my "spectrum of stress", beginning to eat worse and worse food, sleep more, and spend more time alone. If I've just had a long week or so, that might look like baking more than usual, spending more time with just one or two people, and taking some naps, but if it extends too long I end up sleeping a ton, becoming kind of a loner, and eating far too much junk food.

Hey, I didn't say these were all healthy habits :P

They make sense though, since when I'm stressed out sleep helps me take my mind off whatever the stressor is, comfort food is, well, comforting, and I recharge best when I'm alone or only around a couple people.

While I'm not particularly socially awkward, social interactions take effort for me, and when I'm already tired I just don't feel up for having to keep up chit chat, crack jokes, and make sure I don't say anything too blunt or awkward. (though it should be noted that I have a close circle of people where social interactions almost never feel like work, so if I need to relax I gravitate toward these people).

No comments:

Post a Comment