Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Geeks and nerds

I think for me my view on the difference between geeks and nerds has changed over the years.

Whilst I was in high school I always found the word geek to be a derogatory term, where as nerd wasn't. I always preferred to be called a nerd rather geek. I don't know why this was but my friends agreed.

Over last year my opinion on this has changed. Now I would say that there isn't really that big a difference between nerds and geeks, I would actually say that most of the time they are interchangeable. Although I would say I agree with nerd being someone who has a general interest in being intelligent and liking stuff far more than your average person and geek being someone with an obsession with one thing.

Kind of hoped I'd have more to say on this but I think we've all kind of agree on the definition of geek and nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment