Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recharging

My method of recharging depends on how much I need to recharge.

If it's just been a long day of class or work or whatever, and I'm feeling generally tired and stressed out, I curl up with a book or an episode of TV so I can let my brain shut down a bit and take a break for a while.  Plus it usually means sitting or laying down, but being comfortable and relaxed and is refreshing physically as well as mentally.

If I'm feeling emotionally drained, then usually a square or two of dark chocolate will work wonders.  If that doesn't do the trick then usually I listen to sad music and look at funny things on the internet (sad music and funny things, they don't really go together, but they work!)

If I'm really especially exhausted or stressed, I have a hot shower until I regain enough function to be able to decide what to wear when I get out and I feel like I could probably carry on a civil conversation with someone for at least a few minutes.

I also nap when I'm especially tired, but usually that's not a planned method of relaxing, I'll just fall asleep in the middle of doing homework or something.

Tea and hot chocolate are also sometimes included as supplement to one of these methods.  Warm drinks are always relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment