Monday, August 1, 2011

Late thoughts on the blog

It would be just like me to forget to post when the subject is the lack of posting and prevalence of issues. So I'm going to try and make up for last week now. You've all really hit the nail on the head here and included a good list of possible topics/themes to write on even.

I've been highly guilty of forgetting to post as well. I honestly think it's due to the season. It's summer and we all have so much on our minds, jobs, travels, weather, etc.. We forget to post theme ideas in the facebook page and I feel awkward Monday morning realizing I have to post without anything to go on or prepare for, we're all at fault for not interacting enough in that area. And like it has been stated before, we need to interact more with each other and get to know one another on the blog more. If we've already gone five months without hating each other or giving up yet we can get the blog back on its feet. I've tried to do a lot of collaborative projects and activities before and this is the longest running and most successful one I've been involved in and it's made me really happy.

I think we definitely need to think about our schedule. Maybe we should switch it up? Or reorganize how to do it. We could do the one person per week, or maybe even a rotating schedule of two people per week, with an odd number of people (because it does look like replacing Kaity might have to happen) there could be a little variation each week without it being confusing. Example, in a group of five people (a, b, c, d, e) and two people posting per week.
Week 1: ab
Week 2: cd
Week 3: ea
Week 4: bc
Week 5: de
It's just something I thought about.

We also definitely need to consider themes more frequently. I like the idea of a week of brainstorming ideas. I also like the idea free weeks to talk about what we've been doing recently. So finding a way to include both themed and free weeks well ahead of time should be a major goal.

I know I'm going to try and make more of an effort to comment on posts and interact with the rest of you.

1 comment:

  1. Like I posted in a response to Friday's blog, with school coming up it'll probably be a good time to rethink our schedule anyway.

    I'm not sure I understand the rotating schedule - would that be two people who each post once a week?

    As for making sure we still get free weeks, maybe we could just say every 5th/6th/whatever interval we want week s a free week?

    ReplyDelete