Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bah Halloween

I really like the idea of Halloween, dressing up and eating sweets and scaring little kids but I don't actually like it in practice. I don't think I've ever really had a good Halloween. And I guess as I've gotten older they've gotten more sucky. I'm like the Scrooge of Halloween. Only no ghosts will try to show me the spirt of Halloween.

So this year I am not going out and I am not dressing. I had been offered to go to a couple parties but really it was a bit too late to even think about getting a proper costume put together. Which actually leads me nicely to one of the things I hate most about Halloween: slutty costumes. It's pretty much impossible to find a female costume that doesn't leave you showing off everything and it really bugs me. I remember a couple of years ago I wanted to be Claire from Heroes but I couldn't find a cheerleading costume that wasn't slutty.

But I don't want to put a downer on everyones Halloween so I will say that so enjoy carving the pumpkin on Halloween, in fact it's probably my favourite part. Although I should point out that here in the UK our pumpkins are tiny compared to the ones you guys can get like seriously pumpkins here aren't much bigger than maybe the size of my head.

Really all I'm just look forward to some extra chocolate this week.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you on the slutty costumes, I can't stand them either.

    I think I would agree about Halloween getting worse as you get older. If more people would have Halloween parties that weren't about wearing skimpy costumes and getting drunk and more like little kid parties but for grown-ups (with all the special Halloween treats and decorations and pumpkin carving), I think I would enjoy the holiday a lot more.

    ReplyDelete