Monday, October 24, 2011

Seven Days...

It's Halloween in a week!

I'm really excited. I was working a late shift at Starbucks last year on Halloween. Really depressing. I have super special plans this year, unfortunately.

I wish I could go to Salem this year on Halloween. Last year I went on October 30th and it was crazy. They have all sorts of events around Halloween and the streets are just filled with people dressed up. I primarily loved the old buildings and my favorite was the House of Seven Gables, which is also known as the Turner House.
They give pretty interesting tours there this time of the year.

Back to this year...

I have no costume planned this time 'round. I might go digging through the closet, though I'm pretty sure I'll end up being a pirate-fairy if I do. I actually want to be Marceline from the Cartoon Network show Adventure Time.

She seems like she'd be a simple enough costume to make, all I'd really need is the face paint, a really long wig and a tank-top. I have boots that are similar. However, costumes seem to have gone up a bit in price, I hope it doesn't turn out too expensive just to get those couple things.

Actually, I could use some advice now that I'm thinking about this, anyone know any good face/body paint or makeup that wouldn't lead to a disaster on clothes or skin?


Finally, Halloween snacks. I'm planning to do my best to make some really good snacks this year. Butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, butterbeer drinks and cupcakes (for an added HP theme), pumpkin seeds, brownies with frosted cobweb designs, etc. And the usual bags of candy from the super market.


That's my Halloween rambling for tonight. Hope you guys have a great Halloween this year.


1 comment:

  1. My parents were in Salem for Halloween last year and apparently it was pretty nuts. My mom got this really fancy handmade witch's hat. The only time I was ever in Salem was in March, so, kind of less exciting, but it is a beautiful place!

    Did you have nay luck with the Marceline costume? I've never seen Adventure Time but from the pictures and quotes and things I've seen it looks pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete