Monday, October 3, 2011

I would be able to fly on a rock

Does anyone else have those ten-minute to half-hour fantasies every once in a while where you think, "If I had this power in that situation, I'd totally... (insert actions) And it would be awesome."? I do it in my more non-exciting classes. Meaning there are tons of cool superpowers I'd like to have. But not Spider-Man's.

I thought pyrokinesis would be cool, terrakinesis even more if I got plants with that. Electricity/lightning could be the most practical, my computer, iPod, phone and other gadgets wouldn't ever die because I could zap them and they'd continue to work. If I lost power at my house I could just zap everything into functionality again.

But I couldn't wear metal.

Or go out in the rain.

Or the beach.

Or on an airplane.

In the case I lost control of it.

Hydrokinesis I believe to be the most powerful on account of how many things contain water. People, animals, plants, other organisms, the air, the ground, rocks, a lot. It'd be cool, you could probably surf a wave over a cloud if you wanted without causing any mishap on the ground.

But honestly, I think I want terrakinesis with the ability to influence plant life as well. I could climb any tree. It would be awesome. Gardening would be a cinch too. It would certainly make walking long distances simple, I could fly around on a rock. If I fell from a high height I could bring some earth or trees closer to me to break the fall before I gain too much velocity or momentum. I wouldn't want to cause any earthquakes, I would never want or use a super power that strong. Terrakinesis doesn't seem all that practical but it seems sturdy, fun and not so dangerous to have as lightning.

(As I wrote this someone started to play the Captain Planet theme and I did not know how to feel)

I kind of stick to considering elemental superpowers, partly because I'm not original and partly because if you have control over something basic, you get an even wider range of influence when you apply it to different situations and items.

So that's the superpower I would have and the thought process that got me to it.

Out of curiosity, do any of you watch(ed) and/or like the show Heroes?

2 comments:

  1. Terrakinesis does sound pretty sweet! I hadn't even really thought about that kind of thing when I was thinking about superpowers.

    I used to watch Heroes. I really enjoyed the first two seasons but it started getting too weird during the third one, so I gave up partway through. I've been told that I should go back and finish watching it because it gets better again, but I've never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Heroes I was pretty much obsessed but I gave up on it after the 3rd season, it sort of went down hill

    ReplyDelete