Friday, October 21, 2011

My Happy Place

So this might sound a little weird, but my happy place is oddly specific. I think it started as a teenager, when I was getting increasingly busy - particularly my senior year of high school as I also went to college and worked far more hours than I really should have.

During the summer when I got a break from most of my busy-ness, after a morning or early afternoon shift at work I'd often snuggle up in my bed for a nap. The air conditioner would kick on, gently humming me to sleep, and I could nap without any worries about setting alarms or getting up on time for something else.

My happy place is curled up in my bed for a nap, without need for an alarm, and preferably with either the heat or air conditioning coming on to give me some white noise to fall asleep to. This has become my default reaction - when it's possible - to stress and strong emotion as well, since it seems like I always think clearer after my mind's been reset from an hour or two of sleeping (or maybe I'm just more well-rested and able to deal with it).

1 comment:

  1. I support beds as happy places 100%. Anywhere I can have a nap is definitely a happy place in my books, haha.

    ReplyDelete