Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Costumes through the ages.

I guess we're doing costumes this week. This is just going to be a history of most of the costumes I've ever had.

My favourite costume I ever had was one my mum made me when I was in nursery. It was a Little Miss Muffet costume. My mum sewed it all together, it was a little bonnet and apron which had a pocket with a spider on it. It was pretty cute. If I was at my mum's I would take photos of it to show you because for some reason I still have it.

I'm pretty sure between the ages of 6 and 11 I was a witch every year for halloween. I'm also certain that my intensity of wanting to be witch increased when I got into Harry Potter. I even remember making my own wand one year from a stick I found in our garden.

And between the ages of 12-14 I think I was a vampire. I remember one year me and my little cousin went out trick or treating (which in Scotland we call guising which comes from the word disguise). My little cousin was about 9 years old at this point and looked up to me and copied just about everything I did, so we went out both dressed as vampires. We only went down our street and across the road but we got a decent amount of sweets and couple of pounds from neighbours who had forgot to buy sweets.

And from about the ages of 15 to now my go to costume tends to be a zombie. Like I have so much fake blood laying around it's unreal. In 2009 and 2010 there was zombie walks on Halloween both of which I attended with friends. The zombie walks are pretty fun and it's alway great to everyones costumes and the effort put in to them. My favourite was a pregnant zombie with a zombie baby sticking out from the stomach.

I can't really think of a decent way to conclude this, so I'm just going to stop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dressed up as a vampire; with all the Twilight stuff now I generally add in at the end "this was before Twilight!".

    One really cool thing about the Humans vs. Zombies game is that they often have one going on around Halloween, so players that have become zombies get to dress up and have zombie walks across campus, which sometimes get made into GIFs that look pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely a witch a bunch of years when I was younger too. I was a vampire once but never a zombie, I never really liked costumes that involved a lot of fake blood/face paint/other goopy stuff, because I always got it all over everything.

    ReplyDelete