Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Costumes

We never really did officially decide on a theme for this week, so I'm just going to write about Halloween costumes.

My favourite costume I ever had as a kid was an old lady with a baby on her back.  My mom is really into holidays and decorations and stuff, and she saw this costume in some sort of seasonal Halloween magazine that she had.  Everything except my head was dressed as an old lady.   I had a stuffed backpack on under my clothes to create a hunchbacked effect.  Then I had an old lady mask stuffed and attached to my chest.  Then I had a baby outfit stuffed to be baby shaped and pinned to my back, with a baby bonnet on my head, so that it looked like a little old lady carrying a baby on her back.

Also, a costume that I think is really great is this one:
It was in an article about homemade Halloween costumes that someone sent me a few weeks ago and I just think it's fantastic.  I was considering doing this myself, but a) I didn't do anything for Halloween this year and b) I think in adult size the balloon would float high enough to make it difficult to get through doorways and such.  But I still think it's lovely.

1 comment:

  1. That costume idea with the baby on the back is brilliant! And also pretty funny. +1 internets to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete