Monday, November 21, 2011

I don't think I've chosen good pet.

I know it seems a little cliché, but if I would have a mythical creature it'd be a dragon.

I just think that a dragon would be amazing, useful and although difficult to take care of, worth it.

First of all, you'd never have to worry about someone coming after you, even if the dragon is nice as a kitten, they look fierce enough to keep you safe from any creeps wandering around the area. It might even be possible that the dragon could out with transportation, it could fly over traffic during rush hour and long distances to avoid paying those ridiculous fuel costs these days. A dragon could also be helpful with keeping warm, a creature that can breathe fire must generate a lot of body heat, in the winter you could just snuggle up to it and keep warm.

I also just really like large animals and dragons can be huge. I like large animals because they appear less fragile, I can stand worrying everyday over a small pet getting behind a door and getting locked in the closet or being hurt by another animal. Large creatures make me feel better, because they can't get locked in closets, they're hard to lose and some (like a dragon) can take care of themselves for a while if I'm not there.

But there are disadvantages that come along with the size as well. Could you imagine how much a dragon would eat? All the gas money saved flying on it would not compare to how much it would cost to feed it all the meat and water it would need. I hope there are vegetarian dragons out there, or at least ones that like fish, I got an ocean nearby for it in that case. And then there is the space necessary for the dragon. I got space here but it's all full of trees and I'm not sure the neighbors would appreciate a giant, fire-breathing and flying lizard living next door.

The size may not even be the largest problem of living with a dragon. Just trying to keep his behavior in check is going to take a lot of work, patience and, more than probably, a really strict mindset. Dragon are predators, right? They've got to be very fierce, powerful, and likely aggressive creatures. You'd need to train it to not eat the neighbor's chihuahua or burn down any homes in the area (especially your own). You'd have to teach your dragon that humans are not food either and that we are okay to be around and not a threat. You'd also want your dragon to come home after flying around so it's going to be a job to make the dragon also feel at home and like the place and people it lives with.

So having a dragon may not be financially wise, but if you could build a strong and friendly relationship with it, I think it would be worth it. I would totally have a dragon if I could.
That's about it, I'm completely aware the reasons for not wanting outweigh the reasons for wanting one. This clearly shows I'm not the best when it comes to making logical decisions and should not be asked for advice.


A long time ago I had this really weird dream about a mother dragon and woke up thinking that dragons would be really awesome moms. I've really liked dragons since.

1 comment:

  1. I think a dragon would be an awesome pet! A little hard to handle, but like you said, I think it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete