Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

(I need to get back on my feet for this. Katie, I feel really bad, it's like I'm stealing your day now. Yell at me or something. I promise I will try to post these sooner.)

I hate pumpkin pie. This seems to disturb the people that I tell this to. Everyone in my family and everyone that talks to me about the holiday season has always expressed their love and excitement for pumpkin pie. Sure, it's practically a given that when the whether gets colder and the leaves begin to change and then the trees become bare, that people are going to be making pumpkin pie.

But I cannot fathom what is so appealing about it. First of all, the only time I like pumpkins is when they are for carving on Halloween. Other than that, I honestly can't stand the smell or the feel of pumpkin, it has always bothered me. And then just the taste of it, I characterize it as a dull taste and then the aftertaste bothers me constantly after eating it.

I'm not very good at explaining why I dislike pumpkin pie. It could also just be that I trained myself to not like it because it used to make me ill and now that it doesn't I just haven't had it enough to develop a taste for it.

I do, however, love cherry pie. I believe you cannot go wrong with cherries.

I wonder what favorite pies say about a person?

3 comments:

  1. No worries about the day thing! It doesn't matter to me.

    Pumpkin pie is one of my absolute favourite foods. I love pumpkin everything. So this does seem weird to me. But cherry pie is a good choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had pumpkin pie but I think that's because in the UK we only really use pumpkins on halloween for lanterns. Although I do like pumpkin soup. Pie wise I do like cherry but it's a tie between cherry and apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what you're saying, though for me it's a different food: oranges. I think one must have made me sick when I was a kid, and so for years and years the smell made me nauseous. It doesn't really now, but I refuse to eat anything with an orange in it (even though, interestingly, I like orange juice if there's no pulp and have no problem with orange flavored things).

    Human psychology is weird sometimes :P

    ReplyDelete