Saturday, May 21, 2011

Challenge accepted: Punishment (and awful poetry) complete

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make writing a blog in iambic pentameter a punishment, but as soon as I saw it, all I could think was: challenge accepted!

This is my second late blog, so I'm due a punishment anyway. And I'm so, so sorry to submit you to this because not only am I just generally bad at poetry writing, iambic pentameter is a particular weakness. But just know: I'm saying that what I miss doing that I don't get to do as much as I'd like is to really be with people; not necessarily always have stuff scheduled but instead just to live life together, hang out, and... be friends.

On to awful poetry! (please don't laugh)

Reading and sleeping,
being creative,
cooking and thinking,
being productive.

These things I enjoy
don't tell the whole tale -
a sort of decoy -
of my life's detail.

Interaction with
lives of those dear;
friendship is no myth,
and helps me see clear.

I find myself blessed;
people stand time's test.

2 comments:

  1. Really good job there! Iambic pentameter is a form of writing I pray I'll never have to write in, you did it really well.

    ReplyDelete