Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Decision-making

I completely lost track of the days this week where Monday was a holiday.  I just kept thinking that yesterday was Monday and today was Tuesday, which is why I'm a day late.  I was actually really confused about why Sophie was posting a day early for a few minutes before I figured out that it was actually Wednesday.  Anyway, here I am.  I guess I'll need to do another punishment.

I'll admit that I'm not entirely sure about this week's theme either, but here goes.  Something about me that most people wouldn't guess is that I like to be in charge of planning/organizing/deciding things.  I'm usually pretty quiet, and I tend to be very indecisive most of the time.  In group situations I'm hardly ever the one to make a decision or even offer a strong opinion about them because usually I don't care enough whether we do activity A or activity B (or whatever the decision is) to be bothered to disagree with someone about it.

So since I'm usually not fond of being a leader, it surprises people that I enjoy it.  I guess the thing is that I don't like it when I'm dealing with people that I feel like I'm on an equal footing.  If  it's something that I'm actually legitimately the leader of, whether it's a project for work that I'm taking the lead on, or if I'm planning a party, or whatever, than I really enjoy getting to actually make decisions and be in charge.

I wish I had an awesome story like Sarah did, but I really don't, so I guess that's that.  As an extra tidbit, I'll add that people are also really surprised to find out that I used to kickbox, since I'm quiet and not really particularly strong or tough or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment