Friday, May 13, 2011

A Quick 'Un

I hope you guys will forgive me for the shortness of this, but it's just before finals and whatnot...

Also, please don't laugh :)

I have a kind of irrational obsession with England. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to visit all of Europe! (as someone who can drive at least 12 hours north or south before hitting another country, and is locked out from other countries to the east and west, the idea of being able to drive for a few hours and be in a completely different country fascinates me) And there are very few places in the world that I wouldn't like to visit - though maybe the more rural parts of Africa might be on that list - because the world is so big and wide, and there are so many fascinating places to go and people to meet and histories to learn.

But anyway, back to England. I kind of feel like it's our older sibling; yes, we've argued a lot in the past, but as we've both grown up we've started to get along. There are still some things that England's ahead of us on (I get the general impression that it's significantly more progressive than America, but I realize that could I could be mistaken) and may try to gently nudge us in the right direction, but we're kind of equals now. Also, I think it's really interesting to have monuments that are more than 200 years old, and to have a country and history that stretches back far longer.

Anyway, back to paper writing. DFTBA, Nerdfi-sisters!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say that Britain is definitely more progressive than America, one example off the top of my head that I can think of is that we're more open to LGBT, I know in the US if gay kid wants take their boyfriend/girlfriend to prom they get told they can't go, whereas at my prom there was at least two gay couples.

    ReplyDelete